This truly magnificent & memorable rambling 5 x 4 weatherboard & iron home, extended & renovated to perfection, is the loveliness you long for. A result of exquisite attention to detail, a tribute to good taste & a dazzling design. Imagine waking up to this kind of beauty every day. 5 Water Street is a landmark Guildford residence with superb English gardens nestled on an established 1154m2 block.
THE OWNERS HAVE ENJOYED 15 YEARS OF A VERY SUCCESSFUL AND SOUGHT AFTER BED & BREAKFAST. The opportunity is there if you wish to enjoy a gorgeous home and operate a successful B&B.
• White picket fence flagged by white iceberg roses & pretty gardens
• Wide rambling veranda
• Stunning lead light door
• Impressive hallway with chandelier & recessed panelling
• Two dreamy bedrooms at the front with traditionally high ornate pressed tin ceilings & cornices. Both have fireplaces with decorative mantles, gorgeous French doors to the veranda adorned with stylish drapes, stunning light fittings & built in robes.
• Stylish formal lounge room with sandstone gas log fireplace, French doors fitted with white colonial shutters and quality drapes.
• Inviting formal dining room with attractive use of wall paper, French doors and feature wall unit, lovely wall & light fittings.
• Family bathroom, with French Provincial vanity, bath/shower, separate wc & French doors.
• Private & romantic master bedroom with sash window capturing gorgeous garden views, white colonial shutters, DRESSING room with fitted built in robes, superb ensuite with French Provincial vanity, shower, wc & white colonial shutters
• The tastefully designed French Provincial kitchen is the hub of the home & has ample stone bench space, cupboards galore, stainless steel stove, dishwasher, integrated fridge/freezer and a barn style door to the side entrance. Breathtaking views across the sitting room & informal dining to the expansive English country gardens.
• The sitting room is inviting & that perfect spot to relax and watch the seasons unfold through the gorgeous windows, recessed panelling, marble floors & period light fittings.
• The informal dining room is more like a conservatory, windows & French doors overlooking the lush gardens, marble flooring, gas log fireplace with decorative mantle & ceiling fan.
GUEST HOUSE/BED & BREAKFAST/GRANNY FLAT or TEENAGER’S RETREAT.
The owners have enjoyed 15 years of a very successful and sought after bed & breakfast. Of course it can house family or friends or your teenagers as well. The old stables have been converted into two tastefully designed bedrooms each with their own ensuite.
• The first guest room has a set of French doors to the veranda, a stylish sitting room & coffee/tea making facilities. A breathtaking bedroom with built in robe, ensuite & French doors to the private gardens. Reverse cycle air con unit.
• The second guest room has gorgeous décor, a superb ensuite, coffee/tea making facilities & French doors to the garden
• The well appointed laundry is also located here & has excellent storage, bench space & a r/c unit.
• GAZEBO capturing breathtaking views across the gardens to the house & guest house.
• Weatherboard & iron powered shed tucked away
• Breathtaking gardens with limestone walls, attractive hedging, lovely grassed areas, private & secluded settings framed with large established trees, an abundance of fragrant roses and a bubbling water feature & coach lamp.
• BORE reticulated gardens
• Carport with two in tandem and additional off street parking
• 4 reverse cycle air con units in the main house & one each in the two guest rooms & the laundry.
Within walking distance to the exclusive co-ed Guildford Grammar School, the restaurant and café strip, and transport. Close to the airports, all the treats on offer in the Swan Valley, Shopping Centres & Hospital.
The Hollies is marked with a LEGACY OF LOVE and it could be yours!